CALL FOR PAPERS
13TH INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE ON THE QUALITY OF INFORMATION AND COMMUNICATIONS TECHNOLOGY (QUATIC)
September 9-11, 2020, Faro, Algarve, Portugal
The International Conference on the Quality of Information and Communications Technology (QUATIC) is a leading scientific conference that gathers experts from industry and academia to exchange ideas and approaches regarding all quality aspects in ICT systems engineering and management. This forum seeks to foster lively discussion on how to further the state-of-the-art and define future directions, as well as to disseminate advanced new methods, techniques, and tools.
QUATIC'2020 follows in the tradition of this conference, now in its 13th edition, and invites practitioners and researchers to submit technical papers reporting original research and experience results in all topics and sub-fields of Quality in ICT process, product and applications domains, as well as sharing practical studies. Papers that are under simultaneous reivew from other research outlets or that are not substantial updates of previously published work will be desk rejected.
QUATIC'2020 is coming to Faro, capital of Algarve, the well-known region in the south of Portugal. The University of Algarve, that will host this conference, is a young state university commemorating its 40th anniversary with around 8000 students and 700 academics.
CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS
The conference is organized into thematic tracks that serve as dedicated discussion venues on focused topics of interest. QUATIC 2020 offers an exciting set of tracks, mixing well-established traditional QUATIC topics and newly proposed tracks, covering break-through research challenges.
As with previous years, the QUATIC'2020 proceedings will be published in a volume of the Springer CCIS Series (Communications in Computer and Information Science). CCIS is abstracted/indexed in DBLP, Google Scholar, EI-Compendex, Mathematical Reviews, SCImago, Scopus. CCIS volumes are also submitted for inclusion in the ISI Proceedings. The organizers are presently negotiating a journal special issue for extended versions of the best papers. In 2019 there was an associated special issue with the Software Quality Journal.
Authors should select the track that best suits their field:
- ICT Verification and Validation - Antonia Bertolino (CNR, Italy)
- Safety, Security and Privacy - Ana Rosa Cavalli (Institut Polytechnique Paris/ Telecom SudParis, France)
- Process Modeling, Improvement and Assessment - Karol Frühauf (INFOGEM AG, Switzerland)
- ICT Requirements Engineering - Luis Olsina (UNLPam, Argentina)
- Model-Driven Methods - Manuel Wimmer (Johannes Kepler University Linz, Austria)
- Agile Methods - Kai Petersen (Flensburg University of Applied Sciences, Germany and Blekinge Institute of Technology, Sweden)
- Evolution in ICT / Reengineering and Refactoring - Nicolas Anquetil (INRIA & University of Lille-1, France)
- Quality Aspects in Machine Learning, AI and Data Analytics - Leandro Minku (University of Birmingham, UK)
- Quality Aspects in Quantum Computing - Manuel Serrano (UCLM, Spain)
- Evidence-Based Software Quality Engineering - Tracy Hall (Univ of Lancaster, UK)
- Software Quality Education and Training - Claudia Werner (Federal University of Rio de Janeiro, Brazil)
- PhD Symposium (SEDES) - Vasco Amaral (Universidade Nova de Lisboa, Portugal)
The conference will also have an Industrial Day to foster the dissemination of best practices and to allow a lively discussion of hot topics and quality concerns in specific application domains. During the Industrial Day, conference sponsors will share their knowledge and promote hands-on contact with new tools.
- Full paper submission: Monday, March 30th, 2020
- Notification for full papers: Monday, April 27th, 2020
- Short papers submission: Monday, May 25th, 2020
- Notification for short papers: Monday, June 15th, 2020
- Camera-ready (full and short): Tuesday, June 30th, 2020
Please check the conference website (https://2020.quatic.org/) for detailed submission guidelines.